And people are going RIP and how will we live without them and I cried and cried and cried.
I will admit, I cried when Freddie Prinze (Senior, and he was much better than his offspring),
put a bullet in his head, but I was about thirteen years old. I haven't cried for any actor or celebrity since.
Why are people acting like they personally knew these entertainers? They've never had dinner with them, petted their dogs, attended any event the entertainers attended, except maybe concerts.
AND to mourn some drug-addled uber-wealthy asshole who died by overdose or "accidental" suicide is insane. Granted, none of the deaths this week were due to that, but those cases, and the mourning, are not rare. Not at all.
If you didn't have a personal relationship with them, stop acting like it. You'll never meet their poor, orphaned children, you won't be missing that weekly coffee at that cute little café, you can't cry because you'll never hear their voices on the phone asking about your day anymore, you aren't personally affected by their deaths. There is no empty chair at your table, because they never occupied one in their lifetime. Some people act like their spouses died. That is creepy.
Yes, feel sad at the loss of the entertainment value, because that is personal. But don't go on and on about how the world has lost just the greatest, sweetest, most wonderful star ever, because you don't know that. You only know the character(s) they played, or the music they sang. That is not the same.
For me, it's "Oh, he/she is dead. Oh well." And I don't care who it is. All actors die, all musicians die.
We all die.


No comments:
Post a Comment