Monday, February 27, 2017

The Pit and the Pendulum -- Well, At Least the Pendulum

A long time ago, in a galaxy far away...


Well, not so long ago, in our own galaxy...


The sitting President was burned in effigy, had shoes thrown at him, and was compared to Hitler.  "He's not MY President!" graced many automobiles.


The Pendulum swung back, and someone his supporters considered totally different, their savior, their Hope and Change, got in the White House.  Said supporters were... less than gracious in their victory.  Chortles of "You lost, get over it!" issued from every throat.  They hurriedly scraped the bumper-stickers off their cars.


But he was no different.  Still blew people up, still started and expanded wars.  But here, his particular brand of venom deepened the conflict among us.  But his people stayed strong, because, though he was a wealthy criminal, he was their wealthy criminal.


And the other half rose, as his supporters rose in 2008, and elected our current sitting President.


Now the other half smiles and says, "You lost, get over it."


Oh, that does not sit well at all.  Not at all.


So, emboldened by the culture of "burn it all down" created by the last President, protests light up the night.







They didn't get their way, so they stomp and say they want him OUT.  Good Lord, who cares?!


They are so bratty, so incredibly spoiled, that they think they can drive a President out of office.  If they can, I would say that the country is finished.


Now, as history (which they do not understand) has shown us, the pendulum will swing back in four to eight years.  Given the trend, the next President may very well be the last President of the United States.


And that would not be a bad thing, really.


Me, I'm stocking up on popcorn.  I'm enjoying the pain their own immaturity is causing them.  I personally really, really hope Trump takes a sledgehammer to everything they hold dear, and I won't even care if he continues the trend of shredding "our rights."  The last two did enough. he might as well complete the process.


I hate them all.  All three of the Presidents, and all of the crybabies.  This is Karma writ large.

No comments:

Post a Comment