Sometimes I wish I believed in something. Science or religion, left or right, bleeding heart or hardened soul. It would be easier to believe in something so strongly that every other belief was laughable to me, worthy of derision and even hate.
But I don't. I'm damned to see it all. The ever-present patterns of everything. I know that there is no absolute truth, no one way things should be. I know that everything that is called "truth" is filtered through someone's belief, and is therefore flawed.
I know we're hurtling toward destruction. And I know that people on either side will blame the other. I know that, like humans, nations have a finite life. Nothing lasts forever, not even the granite of the mountains.
It is because others cannot see these patterns that they dance these patterns. Sometimes I see that they hold the strings moving them, sometimes I see that there are people who, like me, can understand the patterns and are moved to use them. Faceless Directors just off the Stage on which we are all but Players.
Oh, how I wish I were as blind as most. I wish I could believe in something.
But I don't. I cannot. I can only know that all the divergent beliefs play to the patterns. And that everything ends eventually, and always because of beliefs and divisions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment