Monday, April 10, 2017

Pots and Kettles, Kettles and Pots

I was tempted to post something on my Facebook about people being unable to see that their worldview is flawed.




But I knew that. almost immediately, many of my friends would leap on it, agreeing with nods so vigorous they might dislocate their cervical vertebrae.  All while being unable to see that they are my targets.  Inadvertently, but the model all the same.




Because nobody -- nobody -- can see their own reflection in the mirror I hold up.  People live their beliefs, those things they were taught long before they were able to form logical thought.


Oh, and logic is flawed, also.  Because it is taught inside a narrow corridor.  It has to follow laws and rules as rigid as any religion.


I have no superiority complex, I assure you.  I know that the way I see the world is filtered through my experiences and mood.


But we, as a species, are not one bit more elevated or civilized than our ancestors, who burned people, who stole whatever they wanted because they were "right" and the people they ran over were "wrong," primitive, savage.  It doesn't matter what the religion or belief.  Anybody could be raised in some other belief, and would be certain that their belief, their structure, their people were in the right in everything.


So I could post something on Facebook, and within seconds, it would receive likes galore.  And not one person would understand that it was also meant for them.




Because inside of a month, those twenty would have developed divisions, clans, and territories.  It is the way of humans.


And the reason we will never have peace on this planet or any other.

No comments:

Post a Comment